New british judge prue leith expected to earn more

by jasss March 31, 2017 at 11:38 am

New great british bake off judge prue leith expected to earn three times more than predecessor mary berry

PRUE Leith will earn three times more than Mary Berry when she takes over her position on the revamped Great British Bake Off.
The veteran telly cook, 77, is expected to sign a deal with Channel 4 worth around £200,000 for the series.
Prue Leith

ALAMY
5

Prue Leith is expected to be offered a £200,000 per series deal with Channel 4 for the Great British Bake Off

The figure dwarfs the £70,000 both Mary, 81, and co-judge Paul Hollywood, 51, commanded for the show under the BBC.
A source said: “Prue is a cooking legend and has a lot of respect in the food world.
“The BBC were really under-paying both Mary and Paul during their time on the show.
Mary Berry

PA:PRESS ASSOCIATION
5

The hefty salary is over three times that of her predecessor Mary Berry

“Bake Off had a relatively low budget which didn’t increase even as its popularity went through the roof.
“That meant the stars were left on very low salaries in relation to the show’s huge success.
“Prue will be on a lot of money but it’s not an unexpected amount for one of the main faces on a show as big as Bake Off to be earning.”
Bake Off

BBC
5

Both Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry were paid on £70,000 a series by the BBC to host the country’s most popular show

Mel Giedroyc, 48, and Sue Perkins, 47, both quit the show saying they wouldn’t “follow the dough”.
Prue Leith

5

The Sun revealed last month the 77-year-old telly cook is a favourite to take over the Bake Off reigns

But Paul is now worth £10million, according to his latest accounts.
He signed a six-figure deal with Channel 4, believed to be £400,000 a series.
Prue Leith

PA:PRESS ASSOCIATION
5

A source claimed that the figure offered to Prue ‘is not an unexpected amount for one of the main faces on a show as big as Bake Off to be earning.’

Filming on the new series will start in May after the BBC relented on a contract issue which could have stopped a series airing until next year.
A Channel 4 spokesman said: “We will announce the line-up for the next series of The Great British Bake Off in due course.”

h

 

more news from the blog

Add Comment